Thinking Citizen Blog — Please Submit Your Picks!
Thinking Citizen Blog: Wednesday is Climate Change, the Environment, and Sustainability Day
Today’s Topic — Most Informative Graphics Ever — Please Submit Your Picks!
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a really good graphic is perhaps worth ten thousand. If it combines numbers as well as images, perhaps a hundred thousand. And then there is the Periodic Table — perhaps a billion or a trillion. Well, if you had to pick three images related to recycling what would they be? How about climate change, the environment, and sustainability more generally? Experts — please chime in. Correct, elaborate, elucidate.
WASTE GENERATION RATES — what are the takeaways?
1. Best graphic distinguishing between what is being re-cycled by category? (eg. metals, glass, plastic, paper…)
2. Compared to what can be recycled versus downcycled versus upcycled by category?
PLASTIC RECYCLING RATES AROUND THE WORLD
1. Graphic depicting types of plastic being-recycled versus recycling potential?
2. Graphic depicting uses of recycled plastics?
RE-CYCLING RATES IN EUROPE — what explains the differences? how successful?
1. Graphic depicting types of mandates by country?
2. Types of incentives by country?
3. Incineration rates, or other relevant data by country?
NB: What data matter most?
Click here for the last three years of posts arranged by theme:
Please share the coolest thing you learned in the last week related to climate change or the environment. Or the coolest, most important thing you learned in your life related to climate change that the rest of us may have missed. Your favorite chart or table perhaps…
This is your chance to make some one’s day. Or to cement in your own mind something that you might otherwise forget. Or to think more deeply than otherwise about something dear to your heart.