Thinking Citizen Blog — Rhetoric and Reality of Bipartisanship — Trump’s Trial
Thinking Citizen Blog — Sunday is Political Process, Campaign Strategy, and Candidate Selection Day
Today’s Topic: Rhetoric and Reality of Bipartisanship — Trump’s Trial
How about burying the hatchet? Don’t the Senate and the House have better things to do? How about focusing on the shared, the positive, and the future? What about the spirit of Amanda Gorman? Experts — please chime in. Correct, elaborate, elucidate.
THE NO-BRAINER: unite the troops, divide the enemy
1. Nothing unites the Democrats like Trump.
2. Nothing divides Republicans more than Trump.
3. Make hay while the sun shines!
NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW!
1. But what about magnanimity in victory?
2. What about mercy?
3. What about moving on?
WHAT ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY COST?
1. Should working out a compromise on Covid-relief be put on the back burner?
2. How about education?
3. How about foreign policy?
NB: A good thing time is not a scarce commodity!
My personal view is that a Biden pardon would have been an act of statesmanship and political genius.
Here is a link to the last three years of posts organized by theme: